Swindon Signposting

Find a local Sports Club

  • Swindon School of Gymnastics - 01793 480846
  • Swindon Storm,
  • American Football - 07883 096408
  • diddi dance Swindon - 07747866705
  • Esprit Performing Arts - 07548640069
  • Little Kickers - 07908650708
  • Swindon Town Fc (Football) - 01793 421303.

Find an Organization providing financial education

Guidance on cost of Living Payments - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment

Please click here to download Martin Lewis guide to ‘Your Money Matters’ financial education textbook.

Use this benefits calculator to ensure you’re getting all the benefits your entitled too - https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Help managing rise in the cost of living - https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/20013/benefits_and_swindon_money_matters/1231/household_support_fund?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=media_release_swindon_receives_further_15m_to_help_families_with_the_rising_cost_of_living&utm_term=2022-11-24

Find a local Citizens Advice Bureau

Citizens Advice have advisers available to help - call 0808 278 7813 between 10.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
Citizens Advice Swindon also run a drop-in service for residents at Sanford House, SN1 1HE
Mondays and Thursdays from 10.00am to 1.00pm
Wednesdays from 2.00pm to 4.00pm

Support with childcare costs

Head to - https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/

See if you're eligible for a maternity grant - https://www.gov.uk/sure-start-maternity-grant#:~:text=You%20could%20get%20a%20one,Pregnancy%20and%20Baby%20Payment%20instead.

Support with Energy Costs

If your home is non-gas heated and has an energy efficiency rating of D, E, F or G, you could be elligble for free home energy efficiency improvements funded by the Government

Support with food costs

You can contact Citizens Advice on 0808 278 7813 (10.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday), this may include a referral to your local food bank

Support with Debt

  • Contact Citizens Advice Swindon 0808 278 7813
  • National Debtline 0808 808 4000

Find a local children’s service

Youth Engagement Services
Tel: 01793 465030
Email: YEW@swindon.gov.uk

Find a local Health Visitor

  • Call 01793 465050 or 465030
  • Find a local Housing support officer
  • Neighbour Hood Housing Officers - https://www.swindon.gov.uk/info/20056/council_tenants/836/make_an_enquiry_to_your_neighbourhood_housing_officer
  • Housing Department - 01793 445503
  • Homelessness Out-of-Hours Support - 01793 466451

Find a local job centre

Swindon Job Centre
Spring Gardens House, Princes St, Swindon SN1 2HY, 0800 169 0190

Information on early years and childcare including tax free childcare

You can get up to £500 every 3 months (up to £2,000 a year) for each of your children to help with the costs of childcare. This goes up to £1,000 every 3 months if a child is disabled (up to £4,000 a year)
To find out more, click here

If you need any extra support or guidance please ask your lead coach or email us at info@pro-coaching.co.uk